© Photo by: Yeela Frumkin (@yeela_frumkin)
10 SIMPLE STEPS TO A HEALTHIER YOU
Small changes can take you a long way. We’re sharing with you 10 tiny but powerful life tweaks that will make you feel happier, healthier and stronger. Find physical, mental and emotional wellness by following these simple steps that guarantee big results.
- Mindful ingest: Don’t turn on the TV or bring your phone to the table. Eat sitting down and with no distractions around to avoid getting lost in your mind or emotions. This will help you keep notion of what and how much you’re eating, boost meal appreciation and improve digestion.
- Veggies first: EAT YOUR GREENS. Vegetable intake is extremely important for an overall healthy diet. Leafy green veggies are a great source of vitamins and minerals and protect you against chronic diseases. Make them the first thing you put on your plate.
- Water is life: The benefits of drinking water are countless; it improves your memory, skin health, joint health, reduces stroke and heart attack risk, prevents headaches and so much more. We suggest you carry a water bottle everywhere you go, having it on hand reminds you to drink it constantly.
- Keep moving: Exercise daily, even if it’s just for 15 minutes. Take a walk, ride your bike, dance, go to the gym, or whatever you enjoy but keep your body moving to make yourself feel happier, increase energy levels, strengthen muscle and bones and boost life expectancy.
- Increase blood flow: Promote lymphatic drainage by scrubbing your body with an exfoliator or even with a simple wet cloth. The strokes and motions will boost circulation and eliminate waste from the body.
- Kind gestures: Cleanse or strengthen your soul and spirit by taking a few minutes from your time to brighten someone else’s day. It doesn’t have to be an extravagant gesture, you can simply donate some old clothes to a charity, buy the person behind you a coffee, visit a sick friend or just leave a positive comment on a blog or social media post.
- Strengthen your relationships: Ask your friends and family about their day, listen fully and give them uninterrupted time. Offer to lend a hand if needed and remind the people you care about that they matter and are appreciated.
- Pre-sleep routine: Establishing evening rituals may be exactly what you need to help you fall asleep fast and peacefully. Sleep better at night by reducing blue light exposure, taking a long walk, meditating, drinking tea, taking a warm bath or any other relaxation technique you find appealing.
- Be good to yourself: Practice the art of self-love and care. Start each day by reciting or writing down an empowering statement, take yourself out on a date, begin a gratitude journal or find an activity / hobby that makes you feel free and unapologetically you.
10. Organise your space: Keeping your room or work space neat and tidy can do wonders for your productivity levels and peace of mind. A cluttered environment may give you an overwhelming feeling of stress and lack of control.