Today I’m sharing with you a hearty, healthy breakfast recipe! Loaded with apples and fall spices. I love it because it tastes like dessert, it’s supremely healthy, and easy to prepare. Unlike packaged instant oatmeals, this version doesn’t contain high amounts of sugar, plus, you have total control of the proteins and fibers that are added to the dish. My homemade version has a lot of fiber, fruit and oats which are great for improving the intestinal tract. Let ‘s jump to it!
- Flaked oats
- Natural liquid stevia or honey.
- Apple in squares
- Cinnamon in chips and powder
- Unsweetened almond milk or plant milk of your choice
- Vanilla essence
Step #1: The topping
- Boil water and add cinnamon splinters, with chopped apples and stevia. Cook till tender.
- Once it’s tender-crisp, remove from water and place it in a closed container or in the microwave to keep warm.
Note: don’t throw away the water you used to cook the topping, this will be used for the oatmeal prep.
Step #2: Oatmeal
- In the same cooking pot, add 3 tablespoons of flaked oats and a pinch of salt.
- Once the water begins to boil, add vegetable milk and stir till it reaches the desired consistency. Then, add vanilla essence and stevia or honey and stir.
Note: the longer the oatmeal heats, the thicker the consistency.
Step #3: Serving
- Serve it in a bowl and add the apple and cinnamon topping we prepared at the beginning. Additionally you can sprinkle some crushed almonds, blueberries, bananas or whatever you’d like.
- Now eat up and enjoy! YUM YUM.