Photos by: @nicoleravachi
I came up with this mouthwatering recipe during quarantine, due to the lack of healthy bread options at my local grocery store. At home, I usually buy bread made from rye or rice flour, however we ran out and because of covid-19 stores haven’t been able to restock. So my kids and husband insisted that we make our own sweet but nutritious alternative; and that’s exactly what we did!
I never thought it would be this good! The best thing about apple bread is that it’s a timeless and tasty treat. You can eat it during any season and at any time of day. Let ‘s get to it!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup oat flakes
- 3 red apples
- Cinnamon powder
- Natural liquid stevia or honey
- Baking powder
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 whole egg
- Preheat the oven about 15 minutes before, at 250 degrees Celsius.
- Peel and chop the apples, put them to boil in water with stevia to taste and add a little cinnamon powder.
- In a bowl you are going to stir together all the remaining dry ingredients, and in another bowl the liquid ingredients.
- In the bowl of liquid ingredients, beat the eggs with stevia and vegetable oil.
- Once the apples are ready, add them into the mixture of dry ingredients and combine the liquid ingredients as well.
- The apples will leave a little water when we finish cooking them, you should also add this water to the mixture. Stir until the mixture reaches a soft consistency, it shouldn’t be too thick, nor too liquidy.
- Pour the mixture into a greased container and then add as many nuts as you want. I added shelled pistachios and sunflower seeds.
- Now put the container in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for half an hour (more or less).
- Let it cool and then unmold.
Enjoy!! Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comment section below!