Photos by: @nicoleravachi
This coconut cookie recipe has literally been my salvation during home quarantine! It’s perfect for killing sugar cravings, which you all know I always have jajaja. They’re soft and chewy on the inside, but irresistibly crunchy on the outside! My mouth is melting by just writing this recipe down for you guys.
Another bonus to these succulent cookies is that they contain chocolate (unsweetened of course), which is great because the taste of cocoa actually causes the brain to produce endorphins that stimulate joy, happiness and give the body and overall feeling of wellbeing. Foods with this effect are great to have during lockdown because they help us cope with the current worrying situation.
Anyways, enough chatter, here’s my 5 step coconut cookie recipe:
First of all we preheat the oven at 250 degrees.
- 1 cup grated natural coconut
- 1 cup almond or oatmeal flour or oatmeal
- Stevia or honey to your liking
- An egg white
- Half a cup of unsweetened chocolate (I crushed about 70% of it)
- Half a cup of rolled oats
- A tablespoon of almond or peanut butter (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- First of all preheat the oven at 250 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the almond or oat flour, with the grated coconut. Then add the rolled oats with a pinch of salt and the baking powder.
- In another bowl mix the egg white with the stevia or honey, and almond butter (or the butter of your choice).
- Combine the two mixtures in a single bowl and stir until it’s fully unified. Now add the chocolate chips and stir again.
- Once the mixture is ready, begin scooping out small balls with your hands and place them on a flat container. You can add ghee butter or coconut oil on the pan so that the dough doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool on the counter for 5-10 minutes before storing in a glass container at room temperature.
And Voila! Let me know if you enjoyed this recipe as much as I did in the comments below!