Photos by: @nicoleravachi
This thick, rich and sweet dessert is a staple Colombian Caribbean cuisine. Cassava cake, or in spanish “enyucado” is a must-try dish when exploring the many flavors, colors and textures found in coastal gastronomy. However, today I’m sharing this traditional recipe, in it’s non-traditional (but healthy!) way. Without dairy, refined sugar, nor frying oil. But with it’s same ever-so-sweet essence. Pamper your taste buds with my version of this fine dessert that will surely become your new favorite healthy “indulgence.”
What you’ll need:
- 4 yucas
- 1/2 coconut
- Salt to taste
- Stevia or honey to taste
- 2 tsp of anise
*Preheat the oven to 350º 10 minutes before baking.
- Peel and grate the yucas and coconut.
- Mix and knead all the listed ingredients together.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Remove, dice and allow to stay on the baking sheet for another 2 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
And voila, it’s that simple! All that’s left for you to do is enjoy the exquisite flavor of this incredible dessert. A delicious and healthy cuisine to offer at any type of gathering or to share at home after a family lunch.
Tip: Store leftovers in the refrigerator to keep them in good condition for a longer time, and reheat them in a bain-marie when ready to eat again.