MY MATCHA TEA RECIPE
Photos by: @nicoleravachi
My days wouldn’t be complete without a steaming cup of matcha green tea. Obviously the main reason I drink matcha is because of all it’s powerful mind, body and beauty benefits, but I actually also enjoy the taste of it! If you don’t find matcha tea crazy delicious, then it’s because you haven’t tried my recipe; and let me just say: YOU’RE MISSING OUT. I have truly perfected how to take this tea and made it nothing short of a dessert.
Read on to learn how to make this energizing, antioxidant-packed drink at home (and actually enjoy it)!
1 cup of almond or oatmeal milk.
1 teaspoon of matcha tea powder.
Stevia or honey to taste.
Vanilla extract to taste.
- Boil milk
- In the same cup or mug that you’re going to drink from, add the sweetener of your choice (honey or stevia).
- Add matcha powder and beat very well.
- Transfer the boiled milk to a blender and blend with vanilla extract til it reaches a foamy consistency.
- Add the milk to the cup and stir everything together.
BENEFITS OF DRINKING MATCHA:
Matcha is a powerful antioxidant Is a Japanese green tea powder made from finely powdered dried tea leaves. It’s a powerful antioxidant that has more benefits than any other type of traditional green tea.
- Strengthens the immune system and helps reduce stress.
- Stimulates the mind and relaxes the body.
- Helps keep arteries healthy and control hypertension.
- Helps lower blood sugar levels.
- Due to its high antioxidant content, it helps to eliminate free radicals.
- Helps improve the appearance of skin and nails.
- Helps burn fat and lose weight.
- Quench thirst and hunger in a completely natural way.