Bread lovers, it’s time to rejoice! Continue reading for my (long awaited) sugar free, lactose free and refined flour free oat bread recipe. I promise you’ll love the combination of it’s crisp crust and soft, chewy interior. So, without any further delay, let’s get straight to it:
- Oat flour – 2 and a half cups
- Linseed meal – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Chia seeds – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Granulated yeast – 1 Tbsp and a half
- Rolled oats – ¼ cup
- Liquid Stevia – 2 Tbsp
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil – 1/3 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Warm water – 1 cup
- Mix the granulated yeast and warm water; leave it heating for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large plastic container, add all the dry ingredients. Leave the baking powder at the top of the mixture.
- Activate the baking powder with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar ( it should immediately start to bubble). This will make the batter rise.
- In another container, mix the vegetable oil, stevia, and the yeast water.
- Pass all the wet ingredients to your dry ingredient bowl and add the 2 eggs.
- Beat the whole mixture with a big spoon.
- Once everything is incorporated and the mixture becomes sticky, remove it from the bowl and start to knead it all with your hands and a little oat flour.
- Keep kneading until the dough doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Sprinkle oat flour all over the bowl and put the kneaded dough back in.
- Cover the bowl with aluminum foil and a dark cloth. Let it rest on the counter for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- During those 10 minutes, knead the dough again to make it smooth and shape it any way you please.
- Bake the bread at the same temperature for 10 to 15 minutes.
Voilà! there you have your everyday morning source of protein and fibre. A filling and nutritious option for the perfect breakfast toast. It’s amazing with some butter and jam, a bit of hummus, or with my personal favorite: avocado slices!