I uploaded this recipe to my Instagram stories, but as many of you requested, I’m resharing this delicious snack here on my blog! Truthfully it’s sooo good and sooo easy to make. My favorite thing about it is that it can be anything you want, a topping, cereal, cake decor, the missing ingredient to a scrumptious acai bowl or smoothie, the list goes one! Once you try this homemade version you’ll never go back to store-bought granola!
And here we go with the recipe for my super healthy HOME MADE GRANOLA.
1 cup of oatmeal flakes, which will be the base for this recipe, the rest of the ingredients are optional. You can replace or remove anything you don’t like, but for my homemade granola I used the following:
- A handful of pistachios
- A serving of sunflower seeds
- A serving of almonds
- Pinch of salt
- Honey to your liking
- Stevia (optional)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon almond or peanut butter (this step is also optional)
- Preheat the oven at 250 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, stir with a spoon or use your hands for a much richer finish.
- Once everything is stirred, transfer the mixture to a tray and put it in the oven.
- Raise the temperature to 300 or 350 degrees depending on your oven’s capacity.
- Check every 10 to 12 minutes and turn the mixture around so that the oats and nuts are toasted, on all sides.
- Once everything is toasted and ready, take it out of the oven, let it rest on the counter and then pack the granola in a glass jar.
Note: Something that I want to emphasize in, is that the granola won’t be crunchy when put in the oven. The crunchiness appears after it has been removed from the oven and it has cooled off. So be sure to not overheat.